Friday, October 24, 2008

Where do I go if I have a problem?

So you have a problem relating to making super payments for and on behalf of your employees, and you need some advice.

If you have any queries to your super contribution obligations, or do not understand how contributions should be calculated, or what penalties are for failing to pay contributions by required dates, you can obtain further information from the Australian Taxation Office website.

For a first port of call you should go to and look under the section for "Employers Superannuation Essentials". The advice is divided into two sections: Basic Topics and Advanced Topics. You will find a wide range of articles in these two sections detailing just about everything an employer needs to know. You can also find a large number of fact sheets and publications on the ATO website as well some of which contains information relevant to employers and other publications that can be supplied to your employees.

No comments: